An Overview of Lathrop
- Prime Metro Northern California location at junction of three freeways: Interstate 5 / Interstate 205 / 120 Freeway.
- Lathrop is located in San Joaquin County which is now recognized as part of the “Outer Bay Area” and is located in the Bay Area’s “path of growth”. Lathrop is economically integrated in the San Francisco Bay Area / Greater Sacramento / Stockton/ Modesto economic regions.
- Current City population of 16,145 is expected to grow to 65,000 people within the Planning period.
- Current population within 5 mile Lathrop Trade Area is 67,879; current population within 10 mile Lathrop Trade Area is 200,318.
- $52,528 Average Household income within 5 mile Lathrop Trade and Lathrop offers major I-5 freeway frontage and has land available for development at the I-5 / Louise Avenue, I-5 / Lathrop Road, and I-5/Roth Road interchanges. Suitable development opportunities exist at the 120 Freeway and Yosemite Avenue. Sites are highly visible from freeways.
- Lathrop is readily accessible from all 4 major Northern California airports: San Francisco International, Oakland International, San Jose International and Sacramento International. Lathrop is approximately 35 miles east of the Dublin / Pleasanton BART station. The Lathrop ACE station offers regional commuter rail service to the East Bay and the South Bay.
- In 2003 alone, the Lathrop City Council has approved major master planned communities which will include nearly 13,000 new housing units, shopping center sites and a corporate park. Another 7,400 residential units and over 200 acres of new retail and office projects are currently being reviewed by the City as part of other master planned communities.
- The City is home to the operations of major international, national and regional corporations and businesses, including the Daimler Chrysler San Francisco parts operations facility, Medline Industries, Superstore Industries, Longs Drug Distribution, Fuel Total Systems (an automobile manufacturing facility which is a joint venture with Toyota), Carpenter Company, Pilkington Glass (a UK based manufacturing company), the new Home Depot Import Distribution Facility for Northern California, Swiss American Sausage, California Natural Products, and numerous other logistics and distribution companies. This list is not intended to be a complete list.
- Lathrop has also attracted Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, and Comfort Inn, the University of Phoenix, ITT Technical Institute and many other businesses.
- The City Government welcomes new quality development that helps us to meet our need for a variety of housing types, new retail and other services and employment. Meetings can be readily arranged with interested developers and businesses through the City’s Community Development Department.